Release Notes: Item 1611-01
399 Comment Processing
This release provides a one-year utility process to help manage 399 comments, issued for students who have conflicts between their 2017 tax year data and their 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 ISIR data. Students with conflicts are assigned an applications requirements document, which is set to Complete once the conflict is resolved.
The process includes two new programs, WFCFILDB (2017-18 COM 399 File Import) and WFCFIRPB (FINANCIER COM 399 Load). The Import program, WFCFILDB, stores pertinent information from all 2017-2018 ISIRs sent to your institution in a new ADABAS file, WF-COM399-1718. The 399 Comment Load program, WFCFIRPB, reviews the COM399 file and performs appropriate actions:
- If the latest ISIR for a student contains a 399 comment, lists the student on a report in Print file 2. If the student does not already have a 2017 application requirement document, creates one (using the document name indicated in a WFCFIRPB control parameter). The report comprises a master list of all students with unresolved 399 comments.
- If the latest ISIR for a student does NOT contain a 399 comment AND the 2017 application requirement document already exists, reports the student in Print file 3 and marks the document as Complete.
- If the latest ISIR for a student contains a 399 comment, and the student is in the ADD file but not activated for the 2016-17 aid year, lists the student in Print file 4. This report lists students by SSN rather than student ID.
- If the student has multiple 2017-18 transactions, and a completed 2016-17 document, and has a 399 on the latest ISIR, lists the student in Print file 5.
- For all students with changes, invokes the Application Requirements calculation.
The programs use the standard input parameters for FINANCIER programs: Aid Year, Term, FAO, Run Mode, and Effective Date. The reporting program, WFCFIRPB, also has a 6-character program-specific parameter containing the application requirements document identifier, situated at the end of the parameter string. For example:
Important! In both jobs, the Aid Year parameter should be set to 2018.
The Comment 399 file, WF-COM399-1718, holds a records for each ISIR received - unlike the ADD file, which holds only the most current 2017-2018 ISIR.
View report samples
- This item is required at all client sites. Please verify your source code.
- Set up the new WF-COM399-1718 file:
- Load the new file definitions from the SYSOBJH file (fi161101.txt) in the attached zip file to PREDICT.
- Change file numbers to match your institution's physical file numbers.
- Generate ADABAS file for WF-COM399-1718.
- Generate DDMs for WF-COM399-1718. You may need to set the Generate Security option to YES for the new file.
- If NATURAL Security is used, add the new file to NATURAL Security.
- Link the new file to your FINANCIER library as Update.
- Load the new modules from the SYSOBJH input file (sy161101txt) in the attached zip file into your FINANCIER source library.
- WFCFI18D - new WF-COM399-1718 file PDA
- WFCFI18O - new WF-COM399-1718 I/O subprogram
- WFCFI18R - new WF-COM399-1718 file restricted PDA
- WFCFILDB - new WF-COM399-1718 import program
- WFCFIRPB - new WF-COM399-1718 report / FINANCIER update program
- Define an application requirement for the Comment 399 document.
- Create a job for the Import program, WFCFILDB:
- Use the standard control parameters: aaaa,b,cc,dddddddddd,ee/ee/eeee
Set the aid year (aaaa) to 2018.
- Specify work file 1, record length 4300 (ISIR format)
- Specify print file 1 for the Processing Counts report
- Create a job for the Reporting program, WFCFIRPB:
- Use the standard control parameters followed by a parameter for the requirement document ID:
Set the aid year (aaaa) to 2018.
- Specify print files:
- Print File 1 for the Control report
- Print File 2 for the "2016-17 Document Requested/399 on 2017-18 ISIR" report
- Print File 3 for the "2016-17 Document Completed/No 399 on 2017-18 ISIR" report
- Print File 4 for the "In ADD file: not activated 2016-17/399 on 2017-18 ISIR" report
- Print File 5 for the "Multiple ISIRs and Completed Doc 2016-17/399 on 2017-18 ISIR" report
(WFCFIRPB does not employ work files.)
- No other modules are affected.