Release Notes: Item 1810-02
2019-2020 Regulatory Release (Source Code Changes, with User Guide updates)
This is the second of two release items which comprise the 2019-20 Regulatory release. This item contains code modifications for 2019-20 Federal processing: ADD Load processing, FM calculations, federal corrections and COD reporting. Item 1810-01 contains the 2019-20 file changes.
Modifications to address any further federal announcements will be issued as needed. 2019-20 packaging is scheduled for release when the Pell tables are available, typically by mid-January. FISAP revisions will be released when final specifications become available, usually the following July.
There are no NSLDS changes. Correction Field Numbers have not changed. The Dictionary entries in release item 1810-01 for correctable federal fields contain the correction numbers.
There are no Verification changes.
The attached zip file
- SYSOBJH file (sy181002.txt) with replacement modules for all members in this release. The SYSOBJH file contains 268 NATURAL objects; see the List of Affected Modules for a complete list. Library name: FATEMP
To implement the 2019-20 Regulatory release, complete the following steps:
- Unload the SYSOBJH file in the attached zip file
into a temporary library.
- SYSMAIN the new and updated modules from your temporary library into your development library. When copying the updated versions of source modules, be sure to review your current 2018-19 modules and apply any institutional modifications to the appropriate 2019-20 version.
The new modules are the year-specific components named W*20*. The updated modules are:
- Roll your 2018-19 institutional calculations forward to 2019-20 and make any modifications necessary due to institutional requirements.
Execute a CATALL against your development library to pick up all data area changes.
On the FAO Table maintenance screen (under the System menu), when all FAO-specific calculations are in place, for each valid FAO at your institution, modify the High Year field (WW-TABLES.WW-HI-YEAR) to contain the new aid year.
The JCL in the ADD Import job (WFADDIMJ) for 2019-20 will remain the same as last year, with ISIR record length of 4300 (Work File 1).
Print the changed pages and User Guide update instructions in the zip file.
Perform institutional testing. When testing is complete, you may move the released modules to your test and production environments.
- Application Checklist
- Application Requirements
- Disbursement Checklist
- Disbursement Requirements
- Loan Certification
- SAP calculation