Release Notes: Item 1306-02
Ability to Benefit
This release replaces recent items 1302-02, 1303-01 and 1304-03 to complete modifications to COD reporting logic for compliance with COD Ability To Benefit (ATB) reporting regulations which took effect 3/1/2013. For the 2013-14 year, COD is requiring an ATB code for all students and has added values 06 (High School diploma) and 07 (GED). For all processing years the values 03 (State process) and 05 (Other) are no longer supported.
When this item has been applied, the following functionality should be in place for COD reporting of Direct loans, Pell grants and TEACH grants:
- ATB Code values 03 and 05 are tagged as "Retired" in the FINANCIER Dictionary. The Loan Certification process and the Pell and TEACH Export programs will reject any student submitted for 2012-13 or 2013-14 with the obsolete values.
- ATB Code values 06 and 07, which are valid for 2013-14, but not for earlier years, are added to the FINANCIER Dictionary.
- For 2012-13, the decision on whether to report ATB data is determined by comparing the ATB year (on the Student Demographic screen) to the run year parameter on the reporting program. ATB data is reported if the years are the same. If ATB data is to be reported for a student, but the ATB code is 06 or 07, the 2012-13 DL Export, Pell Export and TEACH Export programs will reset these values to blank.
- For 2013-14, the year comparison (checking the aid year of the run against the ATB year) is no longer used to determine whether to include ATB data; an ATB code is reported for all students.
- Finally, a small correction to TEACH (2) originations (the loading of the Reported date) is included.