Release Notes: Item 1308-02
2013-2014 Packaging Update
Note: This release item was initially released without including two new subprograms (WFPKC13N and WFPKC14N). These subprograms supply the prior year CPS LEU lookup logic. An updated SYSOBJH file has been included in the attached zip file.
This release item corrects FINANCIER's packaging logic to:
- Use the M1 budget amount for calculating the Pell award, rather than the M2 budget amount.
- Prevent the awarding of subsidized Direct loans to students who have exceeded their lifetime limit.
- For funds which replace FC/PC/SC, prevent the awarding of amounts that exceed the Cost of Attendance.
- Account for a subsidized award from the current packaging run when awarding an unsubsidized Direct loan. Previously the annual combined limit was not being reduced by the amount of the subsidized loan award, which would result in overawarding the unsub loan.
- Use CPS data rather than Award data when calculating the Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) for undisbursed Pell from the prior year. The LEU for undisbursed prior year Pell is now calculated as the COD-acknowledged total award less the acknowledged disbursed amount, divided by the year's scheduled award amount. If calculated, the prior year undisbursed Pell LEU is shown next to the COD/NSLDS-reported LEU value on student reports produced by the Packaging Calculation.
Two display enhancements are also provided:
- On the Packaging Attributes screen, the edit masks on the Minimum EFC and Maximum EFC fields are modified to display the 0 default if the EFC Check flag is set to Y but no minimum or maximum has been entered (or a zero is explicitly entered). Zeroes continue to be suppressed if the EFC Check is not turned on.
- The Federal Grant screen (for 2012-13 as well as 2013-14) now displays the Scheduled Award as returned by COD. The display of the Scheduled Award suppresses zeroes (appears blank) until the acknowledged date has been set.
- This item is required at all client sites using FINANCIER's packaging routines.
- Load the updated module from the SYSTRANS input file in the attached zip
file. Or, you may apply source changes manually for the updated module. Click on the "mods" link next to the module name for the Differences Report, which shows the previous and current versions of the module side by side. For a further description of the Differences features, click the "Help" link at the top right when the report is displayed.