Release Notes: Item 1311-02
2014-2015 Regulatory Release (File Changes)
This is the first of two release items which comprise the 2014-2015 Regulatory release. This first item concerns the new year-specific file definitions and Dictionary entries required for 2014-2015 Federal processing. The accompanying source code changes are issued in release item 1311-03.
This year, CPS has increased the size of the FISAP Income field. FINANCIER's Need Analysis calculation computes the FISAP income for each methodology and stores the computed values in the Aid Year file (WF-AIDYEAR). Changes to WF-AIDYEAR are required to accommodate the new field size.
- Load the new file definitions from the SYSOBJH file in the attached zip file
to PREDICT. These file definitions include layouts for:
- WF-CPS-1415 (file/userview)
- WF-CPS-CMP-1415 (userview)
- WF-FEDERAL-1415 (file/userview)
- WF-FED-CMP-1415 (userview)
- WF-ISIR-1415 (file/userview)
- WF-ISIR-CMP-1415 (userview)
- WF-NSLDS-1415 (file/userview)
- WF-NSLDS-CMP-1415 (userview)
- WF-VERIFY-1415 (file/userview)
- WF-VER-CMP-1415 (userview)
- Change file numbers to match your institution's physical file numbers.
- Generate ADABAS files for the WF-xxxx-1415 files listed above.
- Generate DDMs for the WF-xxxx-1415 and WF-xxxx-CMP-1415 userviews listed
above. You may need to set the Generate Security option to YES for the new
- If NATURAL Security is used, add the new files to NATURAL Security.
- Link the new files to your FINANCIER library as Update.
- Modify the PREDICT definition for the WF-AIDYEAR file/userview (and WF-AIDNEED userview) to adjust the size from P7.0 to P8.0 for the FISAP Income fields:
- Regenerate the WF-AIDYEAR ADABAS file.
- Regenerate the DDMs for the WF-AIDYEAR and WF-AIDNEED userviews.
- Load the Dictionary Import file (dc131102.txt) from the zip file into the FINANCIER Dictionary using the Dictionary Import program (WCDICIMB).
- Manually update the Dictionary to include new year-specific values. (The Dictionary Import will not update the value set for a field that already has one, so these must be entered in the Dictionary manually.)
Add: WFCPS15D WF-CPS-1415
Add: 2015 2014-2015 Aid Year
Add: 2015 2014-15 Fiscal Year